- 4 heads of baby Gem lettuce or local romaine - remove outer leaves, rinse, pat dry, and cut in half
- 1 C bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 star fruit, cut into star slices
- 1 C pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 4 baby cukes, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin and cut into halves
- 2 C blue cheese, crumbled (we love our local blues: Faribault Caves St. Pete's Select, Shepherds Way, Big Woods Blue)
- Salad Girl Sweet & Sassy
- Salad Girl Organic Dude Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 C Half & Half
Prepare Bacon Blue Cheese Dressing: Combine together 1 bottle Dude Ranch and 1 bottle Sweet and Sassy with 1/2 cup blue cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled bacon. Mash together and then whisk in Half & Half slowly until creamy enough to pour easily.
Compose Wedge Salads: Arrange lettuce on 4 pretty holiday plates, drizzle with a bit of the bacon blue cheese dressing, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbled bacon and blue cheese crumbles, pomegranate seeds, cukes, red onion, star fruit, a couple turns of cracked pepper on each, and serve with a knife and fork. Drizzle the rest of the dressing on each at table. Optional: for an easy, fancy main-dish salad, add in some wild caught, peeled shrimp or chunks of lobster or crab.