Makes 3 whole sandwiches or 12 appetizer bites. Offers a corned beef option, turkey option, and vegan option. Variety is the spice of life!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2-3 slices un-cured corned beef (sandwich slices) - OR -
- 2-3 slices of turkey pastrami - OR -
- 2-3 slices vegan pastrami from the Herbivorous Butcher
- 2 slices vegan Swiss
- 4 thin slices Alemar Bent River Camembert (freeze till firm enough to slice)
- 1 C organic Sauerkraut (or see our pickled red cabbage, onion, & apple recipe and substitute it for a tasty MN twist)
- 1 Tbsp organic, coconut butter
- 2-3 Tbsp super soft, spreadable organic butter
- 6 slices of 100 Rye from Baker's Field Breads
- 1/2 C Salad Girl Sweet & Sassy Organic Dressing whisked with 1 tsp horseradish
Place 3 slices of Rye bread on parchment-lined sheet pan, spread 2 pieces with soft butter and one piece of bread with coconut butter, and flip them butter-side-down on the parchment paper (remember which one is the coconut butter). Top each bread with the sliced red meat, turkey, or meatless meat, a dollop of our Sweet & Sassy Organic Dressing, 1/3 of the sauerkraut, another drizzle of Sweet & Sassy Dressing, the Alemar or vegan cheese, and top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up. Bake in 350 degree oven 12-15 minutes till melted cheese and toasted tops. Cool and slice into 4's for appetizer serving or halves for supper with a bowl of warm soup.