Keeping the family meals creative while also homeschooling and trying to work from home can be really challenging. Our friend, Jillian McGary, started a Minnesota company that has the perfect solution. She mostly makes a meal for you. Here we made a Tortilla Pie with her Mostly Made Enchilada filling. This delicious filling includes chicken, zucchini, green chili peppers, tomatoes, quinoa, and black beans. Mostly Made also offers Lasagna and Shepherds Pie fillings located in your grocer’s freezer Kowalski's Markets and other MN grocers.
Here is how we made the tortilla pie:
Preheat oven 400 degrees F
1. Toast three 6-inch organic corn tortillas in skillet quickly each side with sunflower oil
2. Thaw and mix Mostly Made Enchilada filling with 1/2 can organic corn
3. In a smaller bowl, mix 1/4 C chopped fresh spinach with 7 oz organic whole milk ricotta
4. Open 16 oz bag organic Tex/Mex shredded cheese and 1 can refried beans
5. Use 7-inch pyrex pie plate with oil or organic nonstick spray
To Assemble Tortilla Pie: Place 1 tortilla on bottom of plate, spread with 1/3 the refried beans, top with 1/2 Enchilada filling evenly, spread with 1/2 ricotta mixture, and sprinkle 1/3 shredded cheese. Repeat: tortilla spread with refried bean, rest of filling and ricotta, and another 1/3 shredded cheese. Top with tortilla, refried beans, and sprinkle remaining shredded cheese. Cut up some fresh cherry tomatoes the long way and make a flower on top. Cover with foil, and bake in 400 degree pre-heated oven 45 minutes. Let set for a few minutes. Serve Mostly Made Tortilla Pie with a side salad: Spinach, corn, tomato, avocado, sprouted pepitas, and a drizzle of Salad Girl’s Organic Chile Limon Dressing. Enjoy!
This was such an easy recipe to make! We buy Jillian’s Mostly Made and keep 2 in the fridge all the time. We love the Lasagna filling for Pizza, Chili, and Goulash. Lots of great recipes at www.mostly-made.com