What's Salad Girl Crowing About?
- 9 delicious garden-inspired flavors
- Small, family-owned and operated company in Mahtomedi, Minnesota.
- Made with fresh, cold ingredients and never, ever cooked
- No Gluten, Dairy, or Soy
- Our dressings do not contain Cane Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, or any water
- USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO
WHY EAT ORGANIC?
1. Nutrient density
Organic farmers nourish the soil that feeds our food. Research shows that organically-produced foods are higher in antioxidants and other nutrients than their conventional counterparts. more
2. No persistent pesticides or synthetic fertilizers
Designed by intent to kill living organisms, persistent pesticides can be harmful to wildlife and human health, especially as they contaminate our food, air, and water or accumulate in our cells. Synthetic fertilizers require large quantities of fossil fuels to produce and contribute to soil degradation and ocean dead zones. more: pesticides fertilizers
3. No synthetic growth or breeding hormones
Avoiding synthetic hormones (which are frequently given to conventional dairy and meat animals to alter reproductive cycles and speed up growth) means less stress for animals and reduced human exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals. more
4. No antibiotics
Overuse of antibiotics in farm animals leads to the development of dangerous antibiotic-resistant infections. Organic farmers instead rely on natural measures to promote and maintain animal health. more
5. No GMOs (genetically modified organisms)
Genetically engineered crops are a relatively recent technology with potentially devastating impacts on ecosystems as well on human and animal health. Organic regulations forbid the use of genetically engineered seeds or animals (including clones). more
6. Animal care
Organic philosophy means raising animals in harmony with nature. Quality animal care keeps animals healthy and productive, naturally. As we like to say, happy cows make the best milk! more