Makes 2 full meal servings
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce (Revol Greens Romaine Twins if available)
- 1/2 C bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 C tomatoes (little or big colorful heirlooms make a pretty wedge), sliced
- 1 C St. Pete's Select blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 C sweet red onions, thinly sliced bite size
- 1 1/2 C Salad Girl's sheet pan *Bread & Butter Crumble
- Salad Girl Sweet & Sassy Organic Dressing
To Prepare Salad:
Remove outer romaine leaves, and rinse 2 heads of romaine. Drain, dry on clean dish towel, slice each head in half, and arrange each half upon a pretty dinner plate fanning out romaine leaves. Decorate with sliced tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, bacon bits, onions, and Bread & Butter Crumble. Drizzle with Salad Girl Sweet & Sassy, and dig in!
* Sheet Pan Bread & Butter Crumble: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 C finely crumbled ciabatta bread (about 2 slices) whirl in blender
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 C Sartori SarVecchio cheese, grated
Options for fun flavor twists: dried herbs, use a sourdough or another favorite baked bread.
Gently toss ingredients in small bowl, line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spread bread mixture on parchment paper, and bake 15 minutes (golden brown and bubbling a bit). Remove from oven, and cool completely. Gently crumble off the parchment sheet onto dry sheet of parchment (keep uncovered till ready to crumble on salads). If making a few batches, do each batch on separate sheet pans. The crumbles for one recipe lay out perfectly on a 17"X13" sheet pan from Minnesota's own Nordic Ware.