Salad Girl’s Sea~sar Salad served proudly @ the Lexington MN Makers event. Enjoy!
- 1 head organic romaine, rinsed cold water, drained, dried, and chopped bite size
- 1 bunch (4-6 leaves) organic Tuscan Kale, rinsed, drained & dried, trimmed off rib, and chopped bite size
- 1 small head organic napa cabbage, rinsed, drained & dried and chopped bite size
- Kale microgreens (optional)
- 24 salad-sized frozen shrimp peeled, deveined, thawed, and drained
- 1 lb. Lump Crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 bottle Salad Girl Creamy Lemony Caesar Dressing
- Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt
- 2 C ciabatta, French, sourdough, or whole wheat bread, sliced 1/8" crumbly croutons with serrated bread knife or quick whirl in food processor
- 1/2 C Sartori Bellavitano Gold cheese, grate small
- 2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp dried basil
Prepare Bread & Butter Crumble:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gently toss bread, butter, 1/4 C Sartori cheese, and basil in small bowl. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spread bread mixture upon parchment paper, and bake for 15 minutes (golden brown and bubbling a bit). Remove from oven and cool completely - COOL (I put in freezer). Gently crumble the yum off of the parchment sheet onto dry sheet of parchment. Keep uncovered until ready to crumble on salads.
Prepare Salad & Dressing:
Whisk whole bottle of Salad Girl Lemony Caesar with heavy whipping cream & 1/4 C grated Sartori cheese - set aside in fridge.
Place greens Into a large mixing bowl, add shrimp, lump crabmeat, and gently fold in dressing. Sprinkle with Bread & Butter crumble, add a turn or two of cracked pepper and sea salt. Garnish with lovely kale microgreens if available. Serve immediately.
*Store extra Bread and Butter Crumble in a mason jar in cool, dry pantry cupboard.
*I find it awfully convenient to make a few batches at a time, put into a mason jar, and keep in my pantry for an easy salad, crunchy sprinkle!
*I do each batch on separate sheet pans in the oven -the crumbles for one recipe lay out perfectly on a 17X13" sheet pan from MN's own Nordic Ware.